Wednesday, May 23, 2012

what.


this is me after this week.

(I know all that metal and leather is a pretty loose definition of business casual but I feel like I pulled it off.)


Okay so.

I don't even know where to start.

I moved to San Francisco.  This is a large dense sensory overload of a place with an ocean and flowers all over and all sorts of people.  I have a nice place with cool roommates and with an amazing view of all the sea fog rolling in in the evening.  I have HBO in my room.  (TRUE BLOOD why didn't anyone tell me.)

I have this awesome job where you're just expected to figure things out and work on your own which suits me just fine.  I have clever coworkers and my office is both right in the middle of the financial district and a ten-minute commute.  My first day they handed me a laptop and my corporate expense card came today.  I am the only humanities-type major in like a two-mile radius which we'll see how that goes.  With all they're spending on me, I know that they kind of own my soul but I realized a while ago my soul is not actually that expensive so this is a mutually advantageous relationship.

The seafood is amazing.

But then so also I'm shipping off for Chicago for a month in five days for some sort of consultant-camp.

I have a long weekend so I'll post more coherent/cogent things then but I'd just thought I'd do a brief update.





3 comments:

  1. bridgette - this is awesome. i am jealous of your life i love SF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! That will be lots of fun!- Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so great. So, so great.

    ReplyDelete